Our company has 10 years of experience in the production of actuators. We started the production of pneumatic actuators in 2012. At the very beginning, we produced basic ISO 15552 double-acting cylinders . Thanks to investments in machinery and training of our production team, we expanded our offer with almost all types of cylinders available on the market.
All components that we use to manufacture our actuators are manufactured in the European Union. Each actuator manufactured by our company undergoes rigorous quality control, which guarantees its failure-free operation.
We have introduced new, interactive tools such as downloadable cylinder models (for use in CAD programs) and intuitive cylinder wizards with which you can easily order a pneumatic cylinder with any stroke and parameters. The vast majority of pneumatic actuators available in our store also have a 3D model that can be viewed directly in the browser.
We also have a spare parts warehouse, thanks to which we are able to repair or regenerate the actuator in no time.
The actuators produced today are standardized by the ISO standard. Thanks to this, you can be sure that each pneumatic cylinder ordered from us will be able to replace the current one.
Shop pneumatic cylinders
- CM ISO 6432 series - round cylinders with small diameters from 10 to 32 mm, available in single-acting and double-acting versions, with and without shock absorption.
- CH ISO 15552 series - the most popular type of actuators used on the market with diameters from 32 mm to 320 mm. Our pneumatic cylinders as standard have a piston rod made of AISI303 stainless steel, adjustable pneumatic shock absorption, a magnetic ring and the possibility of mounting a reed sensor (T-groove). The housing is made of high-pressure die-cast aluminum, and the standard seals are made of high-quality polyurethane resistant to mechanical damage.
- CD ISO 21287 series - compact actuators with a diameter from 20 mm to 100 mm, available in single and double-acting versions, with external and internal threads and in anti-rotation version. As standard, they have a piston rod made of AISI303 stainless steel, a magnetic ring and the possibility of mounting a reed sensor (T-groove). The housing is made of high-pressure die-cast aluminum, and the standard seals are made of high-quality polyurethane.
- CU UNITOP series - a standard developed by UNITOP (French Union Nationale des Industries de Transmissions Oléo-Hydrauliques et Pneumatiques ), which differs from standard compact cylinders in the arrangement of the mounting holes. Available in a non-return version with internal and external thread. As standard, they have a piston rod made of AISI303 stainless steel, a magnetic ring and the possibility of mounting a reed sensor (T-groove). The housing is made of high-pressure die-cast aluminum, and the standard seals are made of high-quality polyurethane
- CS ISO 21287 series - buffer cylinders are single-acting cylinders with an extended piston rod with a special housing, thanks to which production lines are used to stop moving elements. Also available in versions with a roller. As standard, they have a piston rod made of AISI303 stainless steel, a magnetic ring and the possibility of mounting piston position sensors (T-groove). The housing is made of high-pressure die-cast aluminum, and the standard seals are made of high-quality polyurethane
- C-AR series - pressure cylinders, round with a hexagonal piston rod to prevent rotation. Made of anodized aluminum, C45 chrome steel piston rod, standard NBR seals
- ADA - ISO 5211 series - quarter-turn rotary actuators for the control of ball valves and dampers. The actuators have special mounting holes in accordance with ISO 5211, which enable the installation of NAMUR control valves.
- OSPP series - the highest quality linear actuators, available in diameters from 10 mm to 80 mm, actuator stroke up to 6000 mm. Available with both compressed air connections on one side, front air connections, integrated VOE spool valves, two drivers - TANDEM, low speed lubrication (V <0.2m / s), VITON seal (for high temperatures)
- Cartridge mini-actuators, also known as micro-actuators, are the smallest actuators in our offer. They are all single-acting and embedded in a threaded housing. Available in diameters of 6, 10 and 16 mm.
Pneumatic actuator - special version
Stainless steel cylinders - we offer equivalents of ISO 6432, ISO 15552 and ISO 21287 cylinders, made entirely of 304 and 316 stainless steel.
Seals - depending on the conditions in the actuator's workplace, it is possible to select dedicated seals that will have a decisive impact on the service life and operation of the actuator. Our offer includes:
- Polyurethane (PU) seals: fitted as standard to all our actuators. They are general purpose seals, also suitable for use in more severe conditions. The operating temperature of seals made of polyurethane ranges from -20 ° C to + 80 ° C. Available in actuators with a diameter from 32 mm to 320 mm.
- Fluorine rubber (FKM / VITON) seals: used in actuators operating in high temperature environments. It also has high resistance to oils and fuels. The operating temperature of FKM seals ranges from -10 ° C to +150 ° C. Available in actuators with a diameter of 32 mm to 320 mm.
- P5600 polyurethane (PU) seals: used in actuators in the food and pharmaceutical industries. The seals are FDA certified. The operating temperature of P5600 polyurethane seals ranges from -20 ° C to + 80 ° C. Available in actuators with a diameter of 32 to 125 mm.
- NBR seals with TP-E insert: used in heavy duty, dusty conditions. NBR seals have a protective insert made of a strong plastic that collects and discharges dirt accumulated on the piston rod. The operating temperature of seals made of NBR ranges from -20 ° C to + 80 ° C. Available in actuators with a diameter from 32 mm to 320 mm.
- Fluorine rubber (FKM / VITON) seals with a metal insert: used in extremely harsh actuators, such as in the concrete industry. The seal has a metal insert that collects and removes all impurities on the piston rod (it easily collects dried concrete). The operating temperature of FKM seals ranges from -10 ° C to +150 ° C. Available in actuators with a diameter of 40 mm to 250 mm.
Pneumatic actuators from the technical side
- Each pneumatic actuator, apart from being supplied with a compressed air spout, needs a suitable control element. In our offer you will find a full range of pneumatic valves and solenoid valves .
Calculation of the actuator parameters:
- The selection of actuators requires the designer to be able to calculate the basic parameters of the actuator and analyze the conditions in which the actuator will operate. The designer must also foresee as many random events as possible that may occur during the operation of machines and individual machine elements, e.g. sudden overloads or emergency situations and deal with them already at the design stage.
Force on the piston rod:
- An elementary parameter in the actuators is the force obtained on the piston rod. It depends on the pressure difference in the cylinder chambers, the active surface of the piston, and thus on its diameter and frictional resistance of the sealing elements.
In a purely theoretical case, the force generated on the piston rod is F = S xp
- F- strength
- S- active surface area of the piston
- p- air pressure difference
In practice, the force is applied to the piston rod. It is calculated taking into account the occurring friction force. It is assumed that for normal operating conditions (working pressure 4 to 8 bar), it is from 5 to 20% of the theoretical value of the actuator.
For single-acting pneumatic cylinders F = S xp - (Fs + Fo)
- Fs - force of the return spring action
- Fo - friction force of moving parts
For pneumatic cylinders without return of single-piston rods: Fwy = S xp - Fo and Fws = S 'xp - Fo
- Fwy - force on the piston rod during extension,
- Fws - force on the piston rod during extension,
- S - active surface of the piston during its extension
- S '- active surface of the piston during its extension
Pneumatic cylinders - Stroke length
Taking into account the most common single-piston rod cylinders with no return, in practice, it is usually cylinders with strokes up to 1000 mm. You can find pneumatic actuators with a stroke of 3000 mm, but their use is associated with higher costs due to high air consumption.
The large stroke of the actuator increases the mechanical load on the piston rod and the guide sleeve, which necessitates the use of larger piston rod diameters and longer slip rings.
Rodless pneumatic cylinders are therefore more predisposed to use in places with a required large stroke and low air consumption.
An important element in the operation of actuators is the speed of the piston. It depends on the operating pressure, the length and diameter of the pipes between the actuator and the control valve, the air flow rate through the valve, additional elements in the control system, the cushioning of the actuator movement in the extreme positions and the reaction forces of the object on which we act.
Additional elements in the control system of the actuator are understood as the use of throttle valves, throttle check valves and quick release valves. They are used to reduce or increase the speed of the piston.
An important element of the operation of actuators, and thus of machines, not only from the technical point of view, but also from the economic point of view, is the demand for air.
At specific values of the working pressure, the number of work cycles in a given time, the diameter of the piston and its stroke, the air consumption is calculated: V = lxnx S xe
- V - air consumption
- l - stroke length of the actuator
- n - number of actuator operation cycles per minute
- S - actuator active surface,
- e - compression ratio
The value of air consumption is given in liters of air sucked in per minute.
Compressed air quality
All contaminants in the compressed air have a negative effect on the actuators, including pneumatic actuators . The actuators should be operated with class 5 compressed air in accordance with ISO 8573-1: 2010. Watro equip with standard air preparation units such as AGD-SAU series stations, which are responsible for pressure regulation, lubrication and filtration.
Pneumatic Actuators - Frequently Asked Questions
Will the new actuator be easily installed in place of the old actuator?Yes, all actuators manufactured by us are compliant with ISO standards, thanks to which all dimensions of the mounting holes are maintained.
What parameters should the air supply to the actuators have?All contaminants in the compressed air have a negative effect on the actuators, including pneumatic actuators. The actuators should be operated with class 5 compressed air in accordance with ISO 8573-1: 2010. Watro equip with standard air preparation units such as AGD-SAU series stations, which are responsible for pressure regulation, lubrication and filtration.
Is it possible to install a reed sensor in all actuators?ISO 15552, ISO 21287, UNITOP and OSPP actuators have a special T-groove for easy and convenient sensor mounting. A special adapter is required for ISO 6432 actuators.