MED + Medical Columns
MED + medical kit
MED + Atlas Copco medical kits are devices thanks to which compressed air can be used for medical purposes and will comply with the European Faramkopea standard as well as the MDD 93/42 / EEC, EN ISO 7396-1 and ISO 14971 standards.
MED + medical kits are the perfect complement to all compressors for medical purposes, including SF MED scroll compressors, LF MED reciprocating compressors, GA MED / GA VSD MED screw compressors. Using only a compressor in the MED specification for this purpose is insufficient to generate compressed air for medical purposes.
Medical compressors offered by our company offer unmatched air purity thanks to six stages of active purification towards high-quality medical air:
- The water separator removes liquid water.
- The fine and coarse coalescing filter removes the oil aerosol to less than 0.01 mg / m³.
- The dehumidifier absorbs the remaining water and CO2.
- Activated carbon removes gaseous pollutants.
- The catalyst takes care of the oxidation of CO.
- The bacterial filter eliminates bacteria and fine particles. Find out more about this PDp bacterial filter.
Atlas Copco medical kits are an indispensable element of every compressor room that produces compressed air for medical purposes, mainly for use in anesthesiology.
Basic medical processes using compressed air:
- Mechanical ventilation and anesthesia,
- Drug delivery through a nebulizer,
- Testing and drying of medical devices.
Basic surgical processes using compressed air:
- powering pneumatic surgical instruments,
- testing compressed air powered medical devices,
- powering high speed and high torque air motors.
MED + Atlas Copco medical kits contain the latest solutions
to control energy management through the built-in sensor to control the regeneration process of the columns in the adsorption dryer. The controller in the MED + medical kit stops the airflow for regeneration when CPR. remains low to optimize the dehumidification process.
MED + Atlas Copco medical compressors, due to their compact design, require minimal space for their installation and operation. As standard, an advanced Elektronikon microcontroller with a 3.5 ”display is used to control the operation of the MED + medical set.
Its main advantages are:
- control of compressed air consumption in the deposit regeneration process,
- alarm and warning function in the event of an increase in CPR above the assumed level,
- function of control and information about upcoming service intervals of the device,
- pressure control at the outlet of the MED + set in order to fully optimize its operation.
MED + medical compressors are offered for nominal compressed air flow from 720 to 14,800 l / min. in the operating pressure ranges of 7 - 10 - 13 bar. The average consumption of compressed air for regeneration depends on the pressure of compressed air on the supply to the MED + medical set and is respectively for 7 bar - 18%, for 10 bar - 13% and for 13 bar - 10% of the nominal compressed air flow.
To power the medical kit, the voltage of 230V / 50Hz / 1P is also necessary, which is used to power the controller and to control the valves - the power consumption of the MED medical kit is very small. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the offer of our MED + Atlas Copco medical kits.
The parameters of the MED / MED air purification devices are higher than those specified in even the most demanding standards and regulations, such as:
- Medical Device Directive (MDD) 93/42 / EC, EN ISO 7396-1
- ISO 14971
- Health Technical Memorandum HTM 02-01
- HTM 2022 Moreover, they have been designed and manufactured in accordance with the standards of the quality management system ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 13485: 2003.